September 6, 2010

Visiting Teaching

I was looking for a "canned letter" the other day, to send to the inactive Sisters that I have been assigned to visit teach. Something simple to introduce us as her visiting teachers and to let her know that we will be contacting her soon to set up a time to visit. Two of the Sisters that are on our route live very close, but I don't know if they have ever had visiting teachers let alone if they want them. The last thing I want to do is call them and overwhelm them... anyhow, back to the point. I came across this statement while I was searching and I thought I would share it....

"Visiting teaching develops celestial qualities of love and service in the visiting teacher as it provides essential watch care and spiritual strength to each individual sister.


Our faith in the Savior and the covenants we have made unites us as sisters. Our baptismal covenant is outlined in Mosiah 18:8-10. Every sister is our responsibility, regardless of her location or activity level. Would the Savior abandon someone because she lived far away or was uninterested? We all know the Savior for reaching out to those who were poor in spirit and lifting them up. This responsibility falls to the visiting teacher watching her assigned sisters." Sister Cahoon

No comments:

Post a Comment