September 5, 2010

I am greatful for The Scriptures

King Benjamin and Alma taught us what scriptures do:


  1. Enlarge our memories
  2. Teach of God and Christ
  3. Help to overcome Satan
  4. Teach covenants of the Lord
  5. Teach us the error of our ways
  6. Transform us
When we read and study the scriptures we need to see two things: Christ and ourselves. If we don't see both
we're missing something.

What can/are you doing to show the Lord you are grateful for the scriptures?
  • reading them
  • sharing them
  • teaching them to your children
 And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins. 2Nephi 25:26

Our Children gain a testimony of Christ through teaching the scriptures, which will connect us generationally because we all have the same scriptures.

I am grateful for the scriptures and for the countless sacrifices to preserve them and translate them for me. I know that the time I spend in them is never wasted and always a blessing to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment