September 2, 2010

September is here.....

Wow, is it just me, or has this year FLOWN by soooo fast. I can hardly believe it's almost Labor Day! The weather has been changing here fast. It has gone from 105 degree days to 55 degree days in just a matter of a week. The Farmers Almanac is predicting the first snowfall in September. Lets hope it's not the beginning of winter, I don't mind snow, but I am not prepared for fall to be non-existent. I love fall time. The leaves changing colors, the coolness in the air but still a little bit warm, the autumn smells, the crunch of the falling leaves under your feet. It's such a delight for the senses.

We have been busy this past week. It's hard to believe it's Thursday already. Darin took his Monday and Tuesday off and we took the truck to Bismarck to put a new 5th wheel plate on. The truck appointment was early Tuesday morning so we went down Monday night and spent the night. We ate at Olive Garden... mmmmm. Brought lots of leftovers to the hotel for lunch Tuesday afternoon, but we filled up on the breakfast at the hotel, so none of us were very hungry when it came time to eat before we had to check out of the hotel. They had a really great complimentary breakfast complete with waffles, sausage or bacon mcmuffins, cereal, bagels, muffins, fruit.... you get the idea, anyhow, it was really nice.
After the truck was done, we headed home and Darin fixed a few other misc. things on the truck then we took it for a test drive with the trailer on to see how the new plate felt.
Darin decided to go to work so we sent him off for a half of a nights work.

     Kooper is such a silly little boy, Darin asked him for a kiss yesterday and Kooper told him that he was too big for kisses. WHAT!!! I thought we still had a few years before we hit this stage! I asked him who told him that he was too big for kisses and he told me that a couple boys from church said it. Which, I happen to know, they have nothing to do with this, but he likes to talk about them all the time, so they can be blamed for or credited for many things. However, we talked and I told him that he would NEVER be too old for kisses from Daddy, or Mommy for that matter... Hopefully we won't have to have that talk again... or at least for a few more years :)

I got a new book to review in the mail and I am hoping that I can take the time, yes take the time... I have plenty of time, I just need to utilize it properly... but I need to take the time to read this book. It's called "Out Live Your Life" by Max Lucado. I love his books and I am really excited to read it. 100% of his royalties from this book and other Outlive Your Life products will benefit families and children.
If you haven't read a book by Max Lucado, I urge you to pick one up and open the cover and delight your eyes and your heart. I have to have it read and write a review on Sept 10, which shouldn't be a problem. Usually once I crack the cover, I usually don't put his book down unless I have to eat, sleep or pee :)

Today, I felt as if I was on the go go go in circles... I had to run to Dickinson to get some hydraulic oil and a filter for Darin's semi pump thingy.... I use real technical terms here so bear with me :) I stopped and checked the mail grabbed some food to bring home because I wouldn't have time to cook before Darin wanted to leave for work, which irritates me, because I have worked REALLY REALLY hard on staying on track with my menu and ONLY cooking at home and not eating out AT ALL.... but, life seems to find a way to mess that up. So, anyhow, I come home, feed the boys (I ate mine on the way home so that I could make Darin's lunch and help get him on his way faster) start Darin's lunch. He eats and goes outside to put hydraulic oil in the pump thingy I mentioned earlier. He is flustered because the wind is blowing and he doesn't want to spill the oil, the part that he needs from the shed, is all the way in the very back and he has to take out the pressure washer, the lawn mower, Kooper's bike, has to move the 500 lb (ok, not really, but it feels like it) air compressor to get to the tiny funnel that fell off the completely stacked to the roof overflowing dresser that shouldn't even be in the shed to begin with. Ok, so some of that may very well be over exaggerated!

So, long story short, Darin decided that he has had enough of the bursting from the seams shed and it's time to get the trailer that he has been talking about for months. So, off to town we go.... again! We stopped and got his prescription then picked up the trailer (boy this seems like it just all happened so quickly... did I mention that I went to town EARLY that morning and got home around 12 then we left with the trailer around 5:30 and because of the wind, we didn't make it home until 6 ish. Oh yes, and might I mention because of Ustink UHaul, we didn't have any trailer lights.... Thanks Uhaul, for almost starting my Durango on fire, I really appreciate it!

So, this is getting rather lengthy, so I will try to hurry, I really can't believe you are still reading this!

So, needless to say, it has been a long day and I am really ready to sit down and relax and crack open my book and fall asleep :)

Good night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment