January 5, 2010

New Years Resolution

I usually don't opt for a New Years Resolution because I sincerely think the whole idea is ridiculous. However, I have decided to begin this year on a different note. Not something difficult, but sincere. I want to be more positive and to become a "better" person. I mean, who doesn't really.

My goal this year is to become more "Christ Like". I want to live up to the sayings that I surround myself by. One is a stiching that my Mom had purchased. It simply states "Live in such a way that those who know you, but don't know God will come to know God because they know you." The second one is one that I have for the screen on my iPod "A womens heart should be so hidden in  God, that a man must seek God to find her!"

These are by far hands down my two favorite sayings. I have really struggled lately with my temper and patience. I have had anger issues in the past and had gotten a really good hold on it for a really long time. I am for the most part a semi patient person genrally. I don't know why, but I really feel that I am losing control over my anger and patience and I feel that it has started to become a problem in my happiness.

I know that I have many areas that I need to work on, but I know if I try to focus on just being more Christ like, that my days will be better and my family and my home will be happier.

So for the first year ever, I am setting a New Year goal to have a better relationship with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment