December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas Mom...

It's hard to believe another year has flown by so fast. 4 years ago, I was 9 months pregnant and we were celebrating Christmas early with my wonderful husband, my brother Chase, and my parents. Dad had to work and Mom had just spent a few days at our house helping me prepare for Kooper. She was going back to spend Christmas with Dad, even though he had to work, he was hoping to get off early and they were planning on coming back in a couple days. We were hoping that I would go into labor soon and Mom was planning on spending a few more days helping me out.

We had a lot of fun. Chase come over from Idaho and we opened presents and played cards and as usual, Mom took pictures. I don't have a lot of pictures from that night, but what I do have is really blurry for some reason. This is one of the last pictures that was taken of Mom. That same night, they headed home to Wamsutter. Christmas day, I remember sitting on the couch watching a movie, I talked to Mom for a little bit, wished her a Merry Christmas and told her I would call her a little later.

About an hour later got a call from Dad saying he couldn't get a hold of her and he was worried and was going to swing by the house. I tried calling a few times and couldn't get a hold of her either. She mentioned about taking some things to the neighbors, so I assumed that she  was over delivering her homemade goodies and forgot her phone.

Nothing could have prepared me for the call from Dad. I remember as if it was yesterday. I couldn't believe my ears. It seemed that I had just talked to her... just only a couple of hours ago.

I miss her dearly. Christmas will never be the same without her, life will never be as complete. Thank you Mom for being so amazing! I love and miss you!

2 comments:

  1. Kristen, I miss her so much too. She was the single most amazing person I have ever known. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless your heart . . . i can only imagine . You look a lot like your mom :O) You'll always miss her, but we are so lucky to know it isn't the end. I think they are always close by, watching over us.

    ReplyDelete