January 30, 2010

Heaven on a bun

So I know this isn't a very good picture but it's better than nothin! I call this Heaven on a bun, but it's from Prarie Woman and she calls it Marlboro Man Sandwich. I like Heaven on a bun better. Anyhow. It's super easy and well delicious!
If you are watching what you eat, RUN NOW!!! This isn't a "no fat" recipe... in fact, it's exactly the opposite! So, here is the recipe:

2 and 1/2 lbs cubed steak
1 large onion slice
Butter - LOTS
Lawry's seasoning salt
Worcestershire sauce
Tabasco sauce

Melt 1/4 stick of butter. Add onions. Sautee over med-low heat until soft and light brown (about 7-10 min).
Slice the meat, I sliced it about 1/2" thick.
Sprinkle with Lawry's - to your taste.
Remove onions from pan, add 2 Tbs butter turn heat up to high.
When butter begins to brown, add meat in a single layer. Do not stir.
When meat browns (about 1-2 min) turn to brown on other side.
Once both sides are brown, add worcestershire sauce. About 1/2 cup.
I didn't have any so i used 1 garlic clove finely chopped, the remainder of A1 that probably should have just been thrown away rather than put in the fridge. I maybe got 1 tsp out.... some molasses, a splash of apple cider vinegar and about 1/4 cup soy sauce.
Then about 5 splashes of Tobasco sauce. Adjust to your likeing.
Stir together, add 2 more Tbs butter... yep, I told you this isn't a no fat recipe... but it's soooo good!
Add the onions, stir and let sit while you fix the buns.

I didn't have hoagie buns, so I just used sandwich bread and grilled it on both sides like a grilled cheese sandwich.

Put meat on bread and spoon on some of that sauce... yummmm

I also sprinkled mine with a little mozzarella cheese.

Darin really liked this but he said he didn't like the long chunks of meat. Next time I make it, I will do it a little differently, I will probably cube the meat and cook it slower. I would also like to try this with some slow roasted roast beef.

I will be making this recipe again for sure though. It was delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment