October 21, 2009

Slop, Slop, Sloppy Joes

Last night for dinner, we had Sloppy Joes. Normally, I am not a very big fan of these, but last night, I must have combined the right ingredients. They weren't only good, they were DELICIOUS!!! Even Kooper ate them.

Here is what I did. Please bear in mind, I didn't follow a recipe, I just threw everything together so I don't really have any measurements.

about 1/2 a medium red onion
2 celery stalks
2 lbs hamburger
a handfull of brown sugar (more or less if you like)
2 or 3 really good squeezes of mustard (regular yellow)
about 4 seconds worth of white vinegar
a fistfull of cheese (i use a blended cheese - more or less if you like)
about 1 or 2 cups  bbq sauce
1 or 2 cans of tomato sauce (or you can substitue 1 or 2 cups ketchup)

Sorry, not very exact. I literally just threw it together with what I had until I liked the taste of it.

Put a little bit of butter into a pan and add onion and celery cook for about 2 min or until softened. Add hamburger. Cook until no longer pink. Drain.

Add brown sugar, mustard, vinegar bbq sauce and cheese. Mix until blended. Add tomato sauce. cook until thickened. Serve over hamburger buns or bread and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. How creative! :O) You sound like the kind of cook my husband is. He just throws things together and voila, a meal. AND it always tastes so good! I'm gonna have to try this one sometime :O)

    ReplyDelete