August 17, 2009

Hamburger Casserole with recipe!


ok sorry you all... I didn't post the recipe for this because I hadn't had time... Here is the recipe and btw.... it was delicious! I made this in the crock pot because I am a huge fan of anything you can make in a crock pot... less time slaving over a hot stove, especially in the summer, and pretty much anything turns out... pretty much anything.... not everything... although, I have never had anything I didn't like! It calls for it in the Dutch Oven, but we don't have one, but I will try it next time in the oven. It really turned out good though.


Ingredients:


2 lbs lean ground beef

4 pounds potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick

1 large onion, sliced

1 tsp salt, optional

1/2 teaspoon pepper

1 tsp beef bouillon granules (or one cube)

1 cup boiling water

1 28 oz can diced tomatoes, undrained

Minced fresh parsley, optional (i don't use this... dont really care for it)


In a Dutch oven, layer half of the meat, potatoes and onion. Sprinkle with half of the salt if desired and pepper. Repeat layers. Dissolve bouillon in water; pour over all. Top with tomatoes.


Cover and cook over medium heat for 45-50 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Garnish with parsley if desired.


Notes about crockpot:


I prepared this the day before and put in the fridge to make the next day. I put the crockpot on low and let it cook all day. When I checked it, the hamburger didn't really look done, but I knew it was. It just had a pink look because of the tomatoes. I stirred it and the potatoes were so tender that they turned to mush. I would reccomend thicker cuts of potatoes if you use the crock pot.


It just melted in your mouth and had a good comfort food feel to it. I will for sure make this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment