December 4, 2011

100 Days Closer to Jesus Christ - Day 60


100 Days Closer to Jesus Christ
Book of Mormon Study 
 Day 60
 Scripture Study: Alma 42-43
Scripture Mark and Ponder: Alma 42:27-28
Scripture Thought of the Day: 
"And now, my sons, I would that ye would look to the great Mediator, and hearken unto his great commandments; and be faithful unto his works, and choose eternal life, according to the will of this Holy Spirit" (2 Nephi 2:28)


Thought of Day:
"Sometimes...a person...is almost overwhelmed and wonders, 'Can the Lord ever forgive me?  Can I ever forgive myself?'  but when one reaches the depths of despondency and feels the helplessness of this position, and when he cries out to God for mercy in helplessness but in faith, there comes a still, small, but penetrating voice whispering to his soul, 'Thy sins are forgiven thee'"
(Spencer w. Kimball)

No comments:

Post a Comment