October 4, 2010

Grandparent's 60th Anniversary

We had such a great time visiting family in Montana this last weekend. As always, it went by so fast and we didn't get to spend as much time as we would have liked to with anyone. But we had a great time. We were able to visit with Grandma and Grandpa and Kooper got to play with all of his cousins and we got to finally meet Tierrah and Angus.

The Anniversary party was amazing. It was decorated wonderfully and the food was awesome. The best part was the company. It was so good to see everyone. We got lots of pictures. I haven't even looked at a single one, but I know there are some good ones just waiting to be uploaded to the computer. Hopefully I will get a chance to do that soon.

I can't believe I'm writing this, but for their 40th Anniversary party, my cousins Rafe and Jamie and my brothers Rhett, David, Chase and I did this little "skit" where we sang Love is Strange by Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton. I put balloons in my dress to portray Dolly and we used curling irons and a mini keyboard as props. David and Rhett weren't really in it, they pretty much ran the music and whatever. We lip sank the words and Rafe danced while we sang. I haven't seen the video before and being it was 20 years ago, I remember things a little differently, but while we were there, we watched the video. My my my, things have changed quite a bit in 20 years. Everyone looked younger, not just us kids, but Aunts and Uncles too. It was pretty embarassing to watch, but pretty funny too. I had to laugh at myself all embarrased and hiding in my fake Dolly Parton balloon boobs :) ha ha ha, it was pretty funny to watch.

After the party, Kooper and I went to see my cousin Jamie's new house. It is so beautiful. It was dark, but it was amazing even at night. By the time we got back to Drummond, Kooper was asleep. I dropped him off at the hotel with Darin and headed up to Grandma's house. It was pretty late and everyone was getting ready for bed. Grandma stayed up and we visited and played a game of gin rummy. I sure love her so much. We had a really good visit and she won the game :)

I headed back to the hotel to get some sleep. I was hoping that we would have gotten up a little earlier than we did, but as expected, we slept in and I didn't hear my alarm. We got up and got some biscuits and gravy at the Wagon Wheel and headed up to Grandma's to say goodbye and head to Butte to meet Darin's family.

We headed out for Butte and met Darin's family at Perkins. I finally met Billy's girlfriend Angie. We then went to the park so that Kooper could run around for a while and the dogs could too. We found a park and stayed there for about an hour or so. I think we picked a pretty rough part of town though and we headed to another park, only to find that we were clear out of town and it wasn't a "park" per say. So we decided to go sit down and spend some time together and get something to drink before we all headed back home.

We then headed for Billings. Once we got there we grabbed a bite to eat at the Olive Garden.... yum! We headed back to the hotel and overslept and headed home. When we got home, Randy and Donna were here working on the steps. We helped out for a while, then Darin got called to go to work. I finished helping watching them with the steps, but we wern't able to get them done. There is still one railing to be finished, but we will do that tomorrow.

I hope to be able to post some pictures on here soon of the trip. It was so much fun to see everyone. I can't wait to be able to do it again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment