July 10, 2010

Abbey

Last night or rather this morning about 1 am, I read the following post on Facebook about my step-daughter:

"Abbey is now off the ventilator and is fully awake. I can't thank everyone enough for your prayers and support. It's been a rough 48 hours but it looks like she's gonna be fine. We are very blessed and grateful."

I read the previous post:

"My daughter tried to take her own life Wednesday night. She's spent the last two nights in the ICU sedated and with a breathing tube. She hasn't been responsive enough to communicate what happened at all. Hoping they will be able to remove her breathing tube today finally. Now you are all informed."

I immediately called Darin and told him and he called her mother. She didn't say much but that she didn't have his number to call him and that Abbey had just fell asleep and to call back in the morning to talk to her.

I booked him on the first flight I could which happened to be at 5:40, just 4 hours away and he was still working 2 hours away and the airport is another 2 hours away. I packed his bag and got everything ready and waited for him to get home so we could head straight to the airport.

I had already checked him in online and all he had was his carry on bag so he made it JUST in time with only a few minutes to spare before they called to start boarding the plane.

I am so thankful for the prompting to check my Facebook before I went to bed. I was so tired I almost didn't.

I don't know much about the attempt other than she tried to overdose on some pills because she has been really depressed lately.

She was released from ICU this afternoon and is just awaiting the doctors okay to go home.

3 comments:

  1. Oh sweetie, we will be praying for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, Kristen, my heart is so sad right now. I am so glad she is ok and Darin will get to see her. I'm sorry about the way he found out. Please keep us posted. Love, Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! I hope and pray for you guys that things turn out okay!

    ReplyDelete