June 23, 2010

Busy busy...

I am so behind on so many levels, it's not even funny.
My poor house, it's not a complete and total train wreck... yet. I have been busy doing so many fun things, why would I stop and do the yucky things like vacuum, do the dishes, sweep the floor, clean the toilets... Na, I think I will keep fishing, crafting, playing outside and enjoying the summer.

I have been keeping busy doing a lot of sewing lately. I have made a picnic quilt, pictures to come... eventually when it's (or they are) finished. I was going to make it double sided, but I haven't quite decided yet if I still am. I have to get a walking foot for my sewing machine before I can finish it, because I don't want to hand quilt it and I don't want to tie it. I just want to machine quilt it, however, no one around here sells a walking foot that will fit my machine. They have all sorts of high shank walking feet, but I need a low shank... anyhow, enough talk about feet. I have been thinking a lot about just making two of them since I already have two pieces made, but who knows, I may just make it double sided.

I have been busy making burp cloths. I really love sewing, even though I am not very good at it, I certainly enjoy creating. I have been doing a lot of appliqueing and really enjoy the turn out on the burp cloths. I am going to start selling them, so if you are interested, let me know. I will get some pictures up of the ones that I have done. They work great and you can even pick out your own fabric and design. I can also embroider as well.

I have also been making baby wipe cases. These are so cute. You can get them in coordinating fabrics to match your burp cloths. You can customize these as well with embroidery, applique or plain.

I am going to start making some cute onesies that match too.

I promise to get some pictures up sometime... after my daily fishing trip or rendezvous outside with Kooper

No comments:

Post a Comment